Monday, November 03, 2008

Procrastination is an art... for me it should be a lost art...

I never did take the CLEP test for College Algebra. I didn't even try. I took the class that fall and despite that enjoyed that year a great deal. Also in the fall, my friend Jessica set me up with my boyfriend Gavin (well it didn't actually turn into anything until the Spring). Although I was more than a little embarrassed with her methods, I am glad she did. I was very busy, but I got through the work, classes, and last night study sessions. I hope I can soon say the same of this year. Last year's play was Tartuffe by Moliere, a French playright. I played the part of the naive daughter, Mariane.


It was a huge success, as I'm sure will be the play put on this coming Spring, The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde. I wonder what part I will get. I am very excited about it, but I am afraid to get my hopes up about a part. There are only four female roles and I know of a great many girls that have indicated an interest in trying out. I don't want to take a place someone new should have the opportunity to try. I also want the chance to end my college drama career with a great role.


I really ought to be studying now. I have a response due for my Writing Seminar class tomorrow. I've already begun it. It is difficult to proceed though. I have written some of my reaction to an article, but the summary does not take much imagination or inspiration to write, and I avoid it as long as possible. I did finish Joseph Andrews and so that is one more long term project out of the way. I will need to review it before the quiz in a few weeks since I have such difficulty with remembering specific instances unless my exposure to material has been very recent.


Oh, I forgot to mention one more thing about last year. On my mom's birthday, my cat Baby went missing and she has not been seen since. I have already come to terms with the loss, but I still miss her. I can't wait until I am able to get another cat of my own to spoil and love. I miss her. It is repetitive to say so, but it bears repeating. Besides, where can one express oneself if not in one's own blog?

P.S. I am already editing this blog, right after posting it, because I just noticed how I ended it. I don't talk that way ever, so I wonder why I started writing so formally and using 'oneself.'

No comments: