Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Teacher Helps Me Procrastinate

I was supposed to have a complete draft of my paper done tonight. I only have three pages. Oops. See I thought writing a little on another paper, studying for a paper, and trying this new-fangled thing called sleep might be a fantastic idea. I guess not. Anyway, my professor just told us that she is extending the deadline for the draft to next week since she wants a complete draft to review and the final draft will be due the week after. I'm fine with that, except for one problem. I'm a procratinator. I'm used to it. The difficulty is that I have other projects to work on so it's harder to force myself to work on something when it's not due as soon as I thought. I prefer it when teachers actually stick to deadlines instead of putting assignments off. It's hard to take any assignment seriously when I know that it isn't important to the teacher. If I had lost points for not having a complete draft, I would have preferred to have the full points, yes, but I would take the next assignment more seriously. Obviously, that is not the case this time.
Having someone edit my work makes me more sympathetic for students who come to have me help them write. It's an uncomfortable feeling to have my writing judged and wonder if it will pass muster, or if I might have improved a little, despite the rushed, last minute aspect. I will stop procrastinating... later. ;) No, really, unfortunately I have to study tonight and in the morning for my Prophetic Studies test, and I have to work tomorrow and tutor tomorrow night. So the thing I'm going to have to procrastinate on is sleeping... it will come to me... later.

No comments: